Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Eminem


While crack a bottle and the sarah palin music video for we made you are pretty cute- i'm more excited to hear some of the darker songs that are on Eminem's new album "Relapse", which is set to be released on May 15th. A lot has happened since his last album in 2004- a second divorce to Kimberly and Proof's death- so this album has a lot more going on in it than his whole Kathy Griffin style of making fun of celebrities rap.. plus you can't beat Dr. Dre as the producer. Here's what Em had to say in XXL:

But, for some reason, in hindsight, the way I felt was almost like [Proof's death] happened to just me … I just went into such a dark place that, with everything, the drugs, my thoughts, everything. [sic] And the more drugs I consumed, and it was all depressants I was taking, the more depressed I became, the more self-loathing I became… — Eminem, XXL, Issue of June 2009

Below is the video for my favorite song I've heard so far called Beautiful that has a sample of "Reaching Out" by Rock Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment