Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Colin Munroe- the Unsung Hero

I am loving on Colin Munroe so hard right now- the Toronto-based, self-proclaimed "music mutt" fuses some of my favorite genres together into a very, very fresh sound. His new Mixtape "The Unsung Hero" reminds me a lot of Phoenix's 2004 album "Alphabetical", his voice reminds me of a baritone Frankmusik, and his beats are straight hip hop.

Colin Munroe was Hip Hop Official's Artist of the Week back in January- right around when he came out with his mix of Kanye West's Flashing Lights called "I Want Those Flashing Lights." "Nye himself even put the song on his Glow in the Dark Mixtape! Check out the video HHO featured on Colin Munroe.

You can download the whole mixtape for free here:
Colin Munroe is The Unsung Hero - It's a preview of his upcoming album that has Wale, Dallas Austin (who kinda discovered him), Drake, and Blaqstarr among others. Here are some of my favorite tracks so far.

Colin Munroe- Will I Stay (feat Wale and Dallas Austin)

Colin Munroe- Cannonball (feat Drake)- cover of Cannonball- soooo good
Colin Munroe- Piano Lessons (feat Joell Ortiz)

No comments:

Post a Comment